The Gates Archive in Kirkland, Washington has an opening for a full-time, paid, five-month internship starting in June 2018. Application deadline is May 7, 2018. For more information, see the job description.
Save the Date: Society of American Archivists Digital Archives Specialist Certificate “Bootcamp” Coming to UW Libraries in June 2018!
The Labor Archives of Washington, UW Libraries Special Collections is partnering with the Society of American Archivists and Seattle Area Archivists to offer significant portions of the Digital Archives Specialist (DAS) certificate program at the University of Washington Libraries during the week of June 11-15, 2018 at the University of Washington Libraries!
- Those interested can enroll here: https://www2.archivists.org/prof-education/das/uwbootcamp
- The courses can be taken individually or as part of a program for the DAS certificate.
- Enrollment does not require membership in the Society of American Archivists.
- There is an enrollment cap of about 35 people per class
- If you have any further questions that can’t be answered on the SAA class registration page, please feel free to email Labor Archivist Conor Casey email@example.com
A private archival repository in Bellevue, WA is seeking a motivated student/recent graduate to assist the institution with processing photograph collections. This is a term position starting the first week of April and ending June 22nd, 2018 (with possibility of extension). The intern will work two full-days per week (16 hours).
- Scan or photograph negatives, prints, and other types of material to preservation standards.
- Metadata entry according to institutional standards.
- Intern will work with two professional archivists and may receive additional experience in the field of archives in areas such as arrangement and description or preservation.
- Current graduate student, or recent graduate, in the areas of Archives, History, or Library Science.
- Research skills, familiarity with Macintosh OS, and knowledge of archival theory and practice.
- Flexible weekdays: First week of April – June 22nd, 2018
- 16 hr/week (two days per week)
- Possibility of extension
- Bellevue, WA
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Jonathan Lawler, Archives Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
The following has been posted on behalf of Jodi Allison-Bunnell of Orbis Cascade Alliance.
Four organizations–the Orbis Cascade Alliance, the Oregon State Library’s LSTA program, the Washington State Library’s Rural Heritage Program, and the Oregon Heritage Commission–are collaborating to support digital collections at cultural heritage organizations in Oregon and Washington. Our work together began in 2015 with the Northwest Digital Summit, which brought together cultural heritage organizations in Washington and Oregon to discuss the types of support most needed. Based on the report from that summit, we worked together successfully in 2016-2017 to develop standards, documentation, and training. We’re honored to have received LSTA funding for 2017-2018 as well.