King County is seeking a temporary Assistant Archivist in the Records & Licensing Services Division. For full information and application instructions, please click here.
Tag Archives: jobs
Collections Project Assistant
About the Position
Rainier Valley Historical Society in Columbia City seeks a Collections Assistant to work on an inventory project.
The assistant would be responsible for checking the work of volunteers, verifying the accuracy of accession records and Deeds of Gift and preparing incoming acquisitions for Collection Committee review/approval. This is an opportunity to be engaged in multiple stages of archival management.
Assist with the management and verification of incoming and existing collections from acquisition through processing including:perform basic rehousing and minimal description or inventorying. Check the accuracy of the inventory tasks being performed by the volunteer team. Complete the physical and electronic accession record with necessary documentation.
- Significant coursework towards the completion of a Masters in Library and Information Science with a specialization in archival studies and completion of an archival description course or Archives and Records Management Certificate.
- Demonstrated understanding of archival collections and principles of arrangement and description.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organization and time-management skills; attention to accuracy and detail is essential
- Previous experience working with archival databases.
- Previous archival processing and description experience, including an understanding of pragmatic and efficient processing procedures.
- Previous experience or knowledge about intellectual property issues in primary and secondary resource collections.
- Knowledge or interest in Southeast Seattle history.
This is a paid position, with a requirement of 208 work hours between April 20th and the end of the year (about 5 hours per week). The rate of pay will be $15 per hour.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Virginia Wright, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Rainier Valley Historical Society
The Rainier Valley Historical Society’s mission is to collect, preserve, exhibit, and interpret the history and heritage of Rainier Valley and its people, and to promote public involvement in and appreciation of its history and culture.
Our geographic boundaries are from Dearborn Street on the north to the city limits on the south, and from the I-5 freeway to Lake Washington.
The Rainier Valley Historical Society is dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of any mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law.
NARA in Seattle has three limited term positions for Digital Imaging Technicians available. For complete details and the link to apply, please click here.
The University of Washington Medicine Records Management Services is seeking a Records Analyst 2. The position is open until filled. For full details and to apply, please click here.
The University of Washington is seeking a Technical Services Archivist to manages the Technical Services program for archival materials in the Special Collections. For complete details, please click here.